This week has been perfect winter weather. After significant snowfall on Monday, there have been some clear, sunny periods with occasional flurries across the mountain. Wednesday night brought another decent dump of powder, with even Bourg Saint Maurice on the valley floor seeing 5-10 centimetres of the fresh stuff. Thursday was a beautiful, bluebird powder day until the cloud rolled back in and another inundation began.
We have woken up to at least 15 cm of fresh snow on Friday morning. The snowfall continues unabated and we are not expecting it to stop until after the lifts have opened on Saturday. All said, there could be around half a metre of ready-to-ride fresh powder on the first official day of the winter season. With healthy snow depths at all altitudes already being reported, the news in Les Arcs is all rather good.
Read more from our Les Arcs reporter Sam on his blog.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Top 9 things to do for non skiers in Les Arcs
- New week, new snow in Les Arcs
- Les Arcs Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Clear skies & clear runs in Les Arcs
- All quiet on the western (snow) front
- Les Arcs in January 2020 - What weather to expect and what to do