Famous for its epic ski area and challenging downhill trails, it is fitting that the only combined downhill skiing and biking race in Europe takes place in Les Arcs.
You'll need a partner, one on skis/snowscoot/snowboard and one on a mountain bike. The race is open to 150 teams of two, men, women and mixed pairs. Everyone sets off on skis at once from the top of the Arpette lift and it's a race to tag your partner on their bikes in Arcs 1600.
The event starts at 17:00 after the ski area closes and there will be 1600m of total descent before the winners are crowned down in Bourg St Maurice.
Reconnaissance of the route is allowed in advance. Prize giving and a buffet will be done in BSM at the finish.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Les Arcs
- Countdown to the Tour de France 2019 in Les Arcs
- Insider's guide to L'Etape du Tour 2019
- Eurostar ski train tickets for winter 2019/20
- Summer season 2019 starts in Les Arcs