Almost halfway through the ski racing season, we look back at the best of the action so far on the World Cup circuit, with the World Championships still to come. Like last year, the technical events have been dominated by two names – Marcel Hirscher and Mikaela Shiffrin – while the speed competition has been much more open.
As an odd-numbered year, 2019 is a World Championship year so the ski racing world is gearing up for Åre in Sweden in the middle of February. Meanwhile, there is a busy schedule of races to follow on the World Cup circuit throughout November, December and January. A World Championship win is a prestigious title, second only to an Olympic Medal as ski races go. But success in the overall World Cup circuit can be a more challenging achievement, requiring consistent performance throughout the whole season.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Les Arcs Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- What's new in Les Arcs winter 2019/20
- Le Tour de France 2020 comes to Les Arcs
- La Folie Douce lands in Les Arcs winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Les Arcs