It’s the most magical time of the year. The mountains have become a winter wonderland complete with abundant snow, twinkling fairy lights and the entwined intoxicating smells of wood-burning fires and gently simmering mulled wine wherever you go. There is nothing quite like skiing on Christmas day, as excited families enjoy the slopes between opening their presents and (over-)indulging themselves in hearty Christmas fayre. To help you have a wonderful, very merry Christmas and a happy New Year, here is all you need to know for the next couple of weeks.
The end of December is traditionally fun- and action-packed, with huge numbers of events and activities happening both on-piste and in the resorts to amuse and entertain holidaymakers and locals alike. As the shortest day of the year comes and goes, temperatures tend to drop and the winter really begins to set in, making evenings by the fire that little bit extra-special.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Top 9 things to do for non skiers in Les Arcs
- New week, new snow in Les Arcs
- Les Arcs Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Clear skies & clear runs in Les Arcs
- All quiet on the western (snow) front
- Les Arcs in January 2020 - What weather to expect and what to do