This British Ski School was set up by John Paul McCarthy, a fully qualified British instructor, who has successfully created a school of like minded, passionate snowsports professionals, who care about promoting safe and enjoyable skiing experiences.
AIM Snowsports offer both skiing and snowboarding lessons for all ages and abilities, from complete beginners through to confident skiers and snowboarders who are looking to sharpen their skills on the mountain. All instruction is in perfect English and they provide easy, understandable explanations so you can make progress quickly.
They offer private lessons (maximum of 4 people per group) in any of the following resorts: Les Arcs 1600, Les Arcs 1800, Arc 1950 and Les Arcs 2000 and Vallandry.
AIM Snowsports also offer off-piste guiding for confident piste skiers. Their experienced guides treat your safety as paramount and can take you on famous routes such as the Aiguille Rouge, Aiguille Grive and Comborciere.
The school has an excellent reputation (see the Reviews section) for providing quality tuition with friendly, expert instructions who can make all the difference to your ski holiday in Les Arcs.
Where to meet
- Vallandry: Outside 'Le Bistro Savoyard'
- Les Arcs 1600: At the bottom of the Cachette chair for anyone but absolute beginners.
- Les Arcs 1800: At the lift map beside the bottom of the Transarc This can be changed to meet your needs, such as for those staying in Chantel village or for beginners to access Mille 8.
- Arc 1950: Outside George's wine bar opposite the Manor Savoie reception allowing easy passage to the lift.
- Les Arc 2000: Outside the Au Schuss restaurant
- "I booked three, 3-hour ski lessons with AIM before arriving in Les Arcs 1950. My two teenage girls,17 and 15, enjoyed their lessons with Ross so much that they wanted an extra lesson on our last day. Much more fun than skiing with Mum and Dad. They learnt new skills, did some challenging skiing on and off piste and had great fun with lots of chatting too. They are very keen to return to Les Arcs next year, and hopefully have lessons again with Ross!" - Trip Advisor
- "This was our third season having lessons with JP - we find him to be informative, patient and fun. We are intermediate skiers but often need that first day confidence boost after experiencing the feeling of "I've forgotten how to ski" from the previous season. That feeling is gone within the first five minutes and we progress and learn new skills to make the rest of our holiday very enjoyable. Will be using for a fourth season in 2017!" - Trip Advisor
- "As a novice snowboarder - with a fear of being out of control - I booked in some one on one time with JP, AIM's premier instructor. I was blown away by his professionalism and his expertise. JP transformed me from a scared, hesitant novice into an actual snowboarder. His patience was remarkable, as was his flexibility - and after three afternoons of lessons, I was able to tackle more challenging runs, and ultimately make it down from the top of Les Arcs not just in one piece, but turning edge to edge with confidence. AIM gave end to end quality service - from a prompt and tailored booking experience, to following up on my progress after I competed my lessons. Thoroughly recommended." - Trip Advisor
- "I cannot tell you how fantastic my skiing holiday was with AIM. It was brilliant, fantastic tutoring, very friendly and made so much fun. Will definitely be returning." - Trip Advisor
This ski school teach children of all ages and group lessons are available for children from 6 years upwards.
Location: Les Arcs 1800 | Les Arcs 1600 | Les Arcs 1950 | Les Arcs 2000 | Peisey-Vallandry / Nancroix
Max Group Size: 4 person
Languages Spoken: English
Activities: Skiing | Snowboarding
Lessons: Adult Lessons | Childrens Lessons | Off Piste/Backcountry Lessons | Private Lessons | Ski Lessons | Snowboard Lessons
Families & Kids: Kids' lessons
Open Seasons: Spring | Winter