Bastille Day is celebrated across the whole of France with a bang...well, several in fact, fireworks always feature heavily.
And the residents of Les Arcs celebrate this national holiday with as much enthusiasm as the rest of the country. Various activities are held across the city on the 14th, in memory of the storming of the Bastille on the same date in 1789. Traditionally the fireworks display normally starts off between 22:00 and 23:00.
Celebrations are also generally free of charge.
More Les Arcs Insights...
- Les Arcs Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- What's new in Les Arcs winter 2019/20
- Le Tour de France 2020 comes to Les Arcs
- La Folie Douce lands in Les Arcs winter 2019/20
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Les Arcs